On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 18:51:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Looking at the Ecosystem Task List, I had expected something more specific than just "close as many bugs as possible" for various projects.

That's how I initially envisioned it. But on reflection, that's probably not the best way to go about it. The time available is extremely limited. Specific tasks need to be trivial enough to be completed within a single workday. That's a broad category. That would mean populating the list with a bunch of issues from the priority projects. Which issues? All of them that fit? Then why put them on the list at all? Just let the tasked worker sort through the project's issues page. They're in a better position than I am to judge how long it should take them to finish a lot of those items anyway.

But this is just to seed the list and get us started. Anyone can suggest specific tasks to add to it and submit an issue or a PR. I expect such tasks to be added as time goes by.