On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 at 18:35:21 UTC, Meta wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 at 13:56:38 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
[...]

That's awesome! Did the students earn actual credit hours for this bootcamp, or was it more interest-based?

The summer school was interest-based.

There are quite a few cool summer schools organized at UPB, all interest-based, ranging from security (exploits, CTFs, etc.), networking and IoT to Android programming and ML. The great part: almost all of the students applying and attending those are also doing an internship for the summer, so we (organizers of summer schools) are competing to attract the best students and prove to them that their free, after work, time was well spent and they learned something cool, interesting and (most importantly) useful.

We are very pleased with how the events took place and we're excited for an "encore"!

Edi