On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 16:08:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 15:41:48 UTC, Arine wrote:
Yah, what's unwanted about that?

To follow up on this, I expect a reply will be "the user ought to know how the feature works". This isn't a realistic expectation.

Yah I don't understand how he's fine on one hand introducing weird edge cases like this with String Interpolation. And then on the other hand he's removing brace initializers with a justification that it makes the language simpler and easier to learn. The examples given are obviously errors, and aren't the intended use for string interpolation. Rather than allowing errors to exist, it should just be made so that it doesn't happen.