On 08/04/2020 10:26 AM, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 21:58:47 UTC, Boris Carvajal wrote:
Really it should've been an official sponsored project and with a DMD backend it would be perfect.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting things I've read on certain threads, but I thought the D foundation wasn't too fond of sponsoring projects. Using DMD as a backend would mean that DMD would have to be worked on first, and most of DLS would pretty much have to be rewritten from scratch. The code is still up (and will stay) on Github if anyone dares to attempt that...

DMD is getting worked on (Rainer's work is who I am watching for "maturity").

It is on our TODO list to switch over tools like DCD over to dmd-fe at some point. I am waiting for a lot more maturity before digging in to see what is missing though.