On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 21:58:16 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 20:21:56 UTC, aberba wrote:
[...]

Guys, all points have been made, there is no wrong and right here, let's stop arguing over this.

What is needed is someone who thinks it is useful to have an exe installer and wants to do the work. It cannot be done by someone who thinks it is not useful, because there are decisions to be made (like which folder to install it in, whether to overwrite old or not), that can only be made by someone who actually cares about it. There is no point in trying to convince kinke or me.

I'm sure noone will be against uploading the installer exe onto github release page once it's been made and checked.

-Johan

Someone who wants to take it on could modify the DMD one
https://github.com/dlang/installer/blob/master/windows/

It looks like it uses NSIS.