On Thursday, 22 April 2021 at 16:15:14 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 4/22/21 8:35 AM, angel wrote:

> MS Teams works fine on Linux.

I failed after spending 35 minutes for that. I ended up creating at least two accounts (even though I already had a Skype account, which sounded to be sufficient). Many special codes sent to my phone and email. The whole thing is badly designed and felt buggy.

In the end, contrary to how the download started for "my platform" (Linux Mint) it said at some point that MS Teams was not available for my platform. (There is an MS Teams program on my system which starts fine but thinks I am not signed in. (?)) So I decided to use it in the browser, which turned out not working with Firefox. Luckily I had Chrome and it worked.

> And I'm actually not sure you would need an MS account

It requires one. I could not find a way through their flow to use my existing Skype account.

Ali

Teams is indeed pretty bad. It should be an embarrassment for Microsoft (they know this, see the recent M+A news) and similar that discord - the app aimed really only at gamers - actually works and their serious business tools don't.