On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 02:02:36 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

The best introduction is probably Walter Bright's DConf 2016 talk.

I searched the `'PDF'` version. After reading it, I still felt it was not very `detailed`. I think it can be more detailed. It's already `'2016'` version, and some of the content may be outdated. It would be better to explain it in more detail. Also, you says that `'DMD'` has been unable to realize its `feature` well and correctly.
I think `'DMD'` should be radically restructured .
In fact, most refactoring is to move the `position` of the function .Or to split `large functions` into small `ones`.
As long as it pass the test, `D` should constantly `refactor`.
I feel that the existing `'reconstruction'` is too slowly.