On Saturday, 6 August 2022 at 08:29:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/5/2022 9:43 AM, Max Samukha wrote:
Both "123." and "123.E123" is valid C. For some reason, D only copied the former.

It's to support UFCS (Universal Function Call Syntax).

UFCS could still be supported with the exception of functions named like exponents. (I am not advocating for it.)

aaaand, the truth comes out. It is not representable, it is truncated to 0. Technically, ImportC should accept it. But if it does, doesn't it mislead users into thinking it is non-zero?

We've got the right choice here, but it's definitely a judgement call.

No objections to this.