On Wednesday, 4 September 2024 at 17:02:55 UTC, Vladimir Marchevsky wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 September 2024 at 12:24:07 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
Anyone who says large language models aren't *really* intelligent now has to argue that programming doesn't require intelligence.

In case that really needs some arguing, I would say translation is not a programming.

You would be surprised how much original code and code modifications LLMs can output. I wouldn't be to quick to dismiss them as mere translation tools.

For example, take a look at the intro video on the Zed homepage to see what can be achieved with AI assisted coding (https://zed.dev/)