"Christopher Wright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hey all,

How do I get environment variables in a D program?

std.c.stdlib.getenv
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cstdlib/getenv.html

I specifically want the path to a user's home folder.

Platform-dependent.

For Windows, you can use the concatenation of HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH, but I don't know under which versions of Windows these variables are actually set.

----------
import std.c.stdlib, std.string, std.stdio;

void main() {
   string homeDrive, homePath;
   homeDrive = toString(getenv("HOMEDRIVE")).dup;
   homePath = toString(getenv("HOMEPATH")).dup;

   writefln("%s%s", homeDrive, homePath);
}

For Unix, I'm informed that the HOME environment variable does it.
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.programmer/2005-09/0092.html

HTH

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on the 'group where everybody may benefit.