Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Christopher Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey all,

How do I get environment variables in a D program? I specifically want the
path to a user's home folder.

Ta muchly.

In Tango, there's tango.sys.Environment
(http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/tango.sys.Environment.html)
which provides a nice interface to environment variables.

In Phobos, I think you have to use the C functions to get at
environment variables, but std.path.expandTilde can be abused to get
the home folder ;)

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I thought (perhaps wrongly) C allowed you to declare main as taking a list of environment variables, which is why I asked here rather than Tango's forums. But D doesn't, so I probably should have asked at the library-specific forums.