On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 03:44:05 +0300, Tim M <a...@b.com> wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 01:40:03 +1300, John Reimer <terminal.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Don,

Tim M wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:17:17 +1300, Michael P.
<baseball....@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay, so right now, I'm making a small game(Mario) using DAllegro. I
use build, and every time, I have to type this in to compile my
progress:
 build mario alleg.lib
 Now, I know it's not a lot of typing. But considering I type mario
wrong every so often, and I generally want to execute it after,
assuming there is not compiler errors, it takes time.
In a .bat file right now, I have this:
build mario alleg.lib
mario
But, mario will execute even if there are errors found by dmd.
Is there anything that I can use to see if errors were found, and if
there isn't, execute it, and if there is, don't execute it?
DMD1.036, Windows XP, Build/Bud 3.04
I thought everyone used dsss with d now.
http://dsource.org/projects/dsss.

No way! On Windows, bud is much better. dsss can't build dlls, for
example, which is a blocker for me. It also seems to be based around
the flawed concept that you have a small number of build
configurations.

Yes, I think bud is still quite good on windows (and faster than dsss), even though I don't use it. But there's no replacing dsss on linux at the moment. It's nice to have the cross-platform option of dsss on win32 too.

That said, if bud worked (easily) on linux, I might actually go back to using it again, since dsss doesn't seem to be going anywhere and recent releases have been getting slower and bulkier (possibly due to the combined effect of recent dmd releases). :-(

-JJR

Could you both explain a bit more about this as dsss says it is based on rebuild and rebuild is based on bud. So I though that dsss > rebuild > bud.

Don't confuse 'build' (which is a second name of bud) and 'rebuild' (part of
dsss). They are unrelated.