On 21.03.2009 19:50, grauzone wrote:
Christopher Wright wrote:
 grauzone wrote:
 PS: another thing that possibly would bring a speed gain would be to
 make dsss compile the whole project in one run, instead of invoking a
 new dmd process for each source file. How do I need to change the
 rebuild configuration to achieve this?

 oneatatime = [yes|no]

 You want 'no'. This will occasionally produce issues with ModuleInfo not
 being defined with some dmd versions, I think. Or something like that.

Yes, this causes random linker errors.

Those errors shouldn't happen if you compile one file at a time, I believe. On the other hand, dsss' incremental compilation feature never seems to work for me.

What I need is to make dsss completely recompile the project, even if
only a single source file was modified. This way, no errors should
occur, and it would still be faster than with oneatatime=yes.

(Damn that crappy support for incremental compilation.)

I use bud, which builds everything with a single run of dmd, but uses incremental compilation. If I get linker errors, I just run my cleanup script and try again. Or add -full to bud's command line.