div0 wrote:

Simen kjaeraas wrote:
Daniel Keep <daniel.keep.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's right, it's time for everyone's favourite [1] game: guess why
OPTLINK's not working! [2]
[...]
Does anyone have any idea, any idea at all, on what could be causing
this?  I've tried everything myself and several others on #d could
think of.
<channeling src="Walter">Please reduce this to a 1-line test case.
</channeling>

You know for sure OPTLINK is being run?
If so, that wisdom of Walter's is my best idea. Try and remove stuff
until it starts working, then remove other stuff until there's nothing
left to remove. I know, it's boring and should be unnecessary. Still,
sometimes it's the only thing that works.

Yah, it might not actually be OPTLINK for a change.

I've had problems before with DMD silently exiting without an error
message and with error success and leaving behind a corrupt .obj.

Yes, it sounds to me like a DMD stack overflow. I've seen that behaviour frequently, and optlink was never to blame. CTFE recursion is the only reported unfixed bug that does that -- but I've fixed half a dozen of them in the last year, so there may be more.