Sorry, I pressed the wrong button so the message was sent to your email. Reciting:

 26.08.2010 1:53, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

    I came up with the templates in my initial post. They seem to
    work, but I doubt those are legal solutions.

    .

If they work, then they are legal :)

How it would be better for us all if we could always say that :)
If I understand correctly what you want, you can achieve it with compile-time-evaluable functions:

Does that work for you?

Yes! Beautiful, thanks! That beats hell out of my clumsy templates :)

When I was on the way to my initial solutions I was under strong impression that T[N] func() won't work. Now I see that was because I didn't bother to fully understand how arrays are returned from functions. I got it now, so thanks a lot again!