On 10/11/2010 06:21, Jesse Phillips wrote:
I have some good news! It works (Simplest test case). I spent several hours
trying to track down where my code translation could be causing problems. And
have concluded that core.sys.posix.sys.stat.stat_t is not correct for my 32bit
Debian Linux machine.

I realize this is a big claim, so I'm going to look into it some more. But to
get my code working I moved the getattr function into a C file and called that
instead of using it from D. I also noticed that the value set to stat_t.st_mode
would not be returned when requesting it back.

Thank you Simen and div0.

1. https://github.com/he-the-great/Fused

Well done, glad you proved me wrong.

It does seem unlikely that size_t is wrong,
though you can test it easily enough:

compile a test C program to see what size it is and compare it to the D version:

void main() {
        printf("sizeof: %d", sizeof(size_t));
}

It should be 4 on a 32 bit system & 8 for 64 bit.

--
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk