Peter Alexander Wrote:

> How would you do it with message passing though? As I understand, all of
> the std.concurrency message passing routines are blocking, and I need
> this to be asynchronous.

What do you mean by blocking?  The receive call will block until a message
matching one of the supplied types arrives, but if you don't like this you can
always use receiveTimeout.  send() doesn't deep copy objects, so the only
reference types send() will currently accept are those labeled as shared or
immutable (Unique!T will probably be added at some point, which is more
appropriate for your situation).  So to use send() known unique reference data
you'll have to cast to/from shared or immutable.  Nasty, but it'll work.