On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 19:39:14 UTC, Raikia wrote:
So interestingly, I actually got this to work by running "sudo wine" instead of just "wine". No idea why wine needs root access on the underlying system for wine to operate properly but ok...

weird. i should try that too later.

Now I'm running into an issue of not having libcmt in Wine so it dynamically links to msvcrt instead (and thus requires a dll on deployment). Have you come across this before?

I actually don't know since I haven't distributed a 64 bit exe anywhere except my own laptop which has it installed anyway.

i usually just do 32 bit builds which are pretty reliable.