On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 14:50:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Are you on Windows? If so, your double newlines might be \r\n\r\n, depending on what editor you used to create the input. Use a hexdump program to see what the newlines are in your input file.

I've tried \r\n\r\n as well, which sadly also did not work.
Using vscode I have also switched between CRLF and LF, which also did not do the trick. I'm getting the sense the implementation might have a specific workaround for \r\n / CRLF line-endings, though I haven't checked the sourcecode yet.

Note that this is not really a problem for me specifically, I've long used a different approach, however it seemed like a design issue. I'll try replicating this in isolation later, maybe something was wrong last time I tried.