On 7/22/21 2:38 PM, apz28 wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 July 2021 at 20:39:54 UTC, Dukc wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 July 2021 at 14:15:51 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
2. It's hard for me to see where the null dereference would be in that function (the `bool` implementation is pretty simple).

DMD complains about dereferences in three different lines. I suspect it's `this` reference that is `null`.

Look like DMD has some bug. If I changed this line https://github.com/apz28/dlang/blob/02989b94bfe306d723f2780e010c61f71f873cbe/source/pham/db/db_fbdatabase.d#L148

from: auto reader = FbXdrReader(null, response.data);
to: auto reader = FbXdrReader(fbConnection, response.data);

then the error go away. FbXdrReader constructor allows to accept null for that parameter. Is it "safe" means not allow to pass null?

I don't know what an FbConnection is, but it looks like you call something on it. Your code is immense, and github search really *really* sucks. So I can't get better information. But if it's a class, and that is a normal member, it is indeed dereferencing a null pointer.

-Steve