On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 17:06:21 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
I'm not sure if I have sucessfully achieved something like this before or is it even possible right now, but there is a sample file that comes with DMD compiler: `D\dmd2\samples\d\winsamp.d`

**The problem:** `winsamp.d` have to be compiled with `.def` file.
```
/+ Compile with:
 +  dmd winsamp winsamp.def
 + or:
 +  dmd winsamp -L-Subsystem:Windows
 +
 + 64 bit version:
 +  dmd -m64 winsamp -L-Subsystem:Windows user32.lib
 +/
```

This is how the `.def` file looks like
(`D\dmd2\samples\d\winsamp.def`):
```
EXETYPE NT
SUBSYSTEM WINDOWS

```

**The question:** Is there a way to include the `.def` file instructions inside `.d` file, so that there won't be a need for additional `.def` file when compiling. (`dmd winsamp`)

What most ppl do in that case is to just provide a script, for example build.cmd that just does what it needs. The user just clicks the script and it does everything for them.