On Thursday, 25 November 2021 at 09:47:50 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Thursday, 25 November 2021 at 09:00:52 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:

What most ppl do in that case is to just provide a script, for example build.cmd that just does what it needs. The user just clicks the script and it does everything for them.

"How can I make it so that I don't need an extra file written in another language?"
"Just add yet another file written in yet another language".

Nice going there :)

Build scripts never have been scalable. A good language shall only require a compiler and source file(s). No extra voodoo mumbojumbo. This is why we have all those pragmas and the -i switch.

Scalable or not it's a pretty common pattern. The build script is modular.

I wouldn't call the linker "mumbojumbo". Voodo maybe, yes.