On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 16:55:39 UTC, Kagamin wrote:

As I understand, in your scenario there's no difference between null string and empty string, they both work like empty string, and D treats them as empty string. That's what I mean when I said that distinction between null and empty is meaningless.

Sorry Kagamin... I dindn't read this comment and I added a very large answer to the next one that has no sense :-p. I miss being able to delete answers from the forum :-)

**Yes... I decided to treat the same way internally** for strings.

Previously

* `DtoVal!(Null, string)( null)` was equivalent to `DtoVal!(Null,string)( Null() )` * `DtoVal!(Null, Person)( null)` was equivalent to `DtoVal!(Null,string)( Null() )`

Currently

* `DtoVal!(Null, string)( null )` is equivalent to `DtoVal!(Null,string)( "" )`; * For other types this will raise a runtime exception: `DtoVal!(Null, Person)( null )`.
  * The correct way of is `DtoVal!(Null, Person)( Null() )`

Basically, **`null` is completely useless and out of my code** with the exception of strings.

Best regards
Antonio