On 2011-03-27 12:28, Ishan Thilina wrote:
When I give "dmd untitled.d" command in my ubuntu maverick 64 bit laptop I get
the following error.

"
object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = /etc/../../src/phobos
import path[1] = /etc/../../src/druntime/import
"

I tried all morning to solve this problem, tried every google result I could
find. Checked the mail archive to solve this problem. But I still couldn't get
rid of that error.I anybody can help me, it would be a great help.

I followed the steps in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-linux.html .I
first used the command "cp dmd2/linux/bin/dmd.conf /etc
" . Then I gave "sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-i386
libc6-dev-i386" command.

Thank you :)

You can try and installing DMD with my tool, DVM: https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm . It makes it easy to install and switch between different versions of DMD. Just run:

wget -O dvm https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/downloads/dvm-0.1.1-linux && chmod +x dvm && ./dvm install dvm