On 11/4/22 3:49 PM, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 4 November 2022 at 19:34:58 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
Oh really, then what's the point of package.d?

It was originally added because Phobos had `std.algorithm` and `std.datetime` and some people wanted to break them up into pieces, but not break user code that still said `import std.algorithm` instead of `import std.algorithm.sorting` (or whatever).

One alternative was to call the new things like `std.algorithm_parts.sorted` but this name a little ugly and people would be less likely to transition to it.

It still didn't work. I almost always just do `import std.algorithm;`. Not worth my time to look up which specific algorithm submodule has the thing I need, especially when most likely std.algorithm.foo is going to import std.algorithm.bar anyway.

-Steve