On Wednesday, 23 November 2022 at 11:06:12 UTC, []() {}() wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 November 2022 at 09:51:46 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:

Why then should a programming language insist that all other code in the module should be able to bypass my specification, and do as it pleases to my type?

Please let's not repeat previous topics

`private` will be enforced at module scope, for better or for worse, there has already been a [1000 post thread](https://forum.dlang.org/post/lqlllioynzfmpaozw...@forum.dlang.org) that resulted in basically nothing except someone creating a `private this` pull for curiosity that will never be accepted in the language

Look at the very last post where the moderator had to externally kill the thread to prevent it from being revived/argued further