I am confused about why Program 1 produces random output but Program 2 does not.

---

### Program 1
```d
import std.stdio;
import std.conv;
import std.random;

Mt19937 rnd;

double rand01(){
    // Uniform random sampling in [0,1)
    return uniform( 0.0, 1.0, rnd);
}

void main(){
    rnd = Random( unpredictableSeed );
    for( uint i = 0; i < 6; i++ ){
        writeln( rand01() );
```

Output:
```
0.35332
0.0687847
0.563096
0.37718
0.321598
0.530525
```

---

### Program 2
#### sparrow_core.d
```d
// ...

Mt19937 rnd; // Randomness

void init_random(){
    // Seed the RNG with the clock
    rnd = Random( unpredictableSeed );
}

// ...

double rand01(){
    // Uniform random sampling in [0,1)
    return uniform( 0.0, 1.0, rnd);
}

// ...

// Build a dict of primitive symbols
primitiveSymbols["rand"] = function Atom*(){
    // Random number on [0,1)
return new Atom( rand01() ); // Construct an Atom holding a random value
};

// ...

void init_SPARROW(){
    // Populate necessary global structures
    init_reserved(); // - Reserved symbols
    init_env(); // ------ Global context
    init_primitives(); // Special atoms and Primitive Functions
    init_specials(); // - Special forms
    init_random(); // --- RNG
}
```

#### app.d
```d
void main( string[] args ){

    Atom* res = null;

if( _DEBUG_VERBOSE ) writeln( "Args are: " ~ args.to!string );

    // Populate necessary interpreter components
    init_SPARROW();

    // ... Interpreter repeatedly invokes primitive symbol "rand"

}
```

Output:
```
0.961451
0.961451
0.961451
0.961451
0.961451
0.961451
```

Note: I have enclosed `uniform` so deeply because I am implementing the random number feature of a [computer language](https://github.com/jwatson-CO-edu/SPARROW).

---

What is the reason for this? Has the compiler optimized away the `uniform` call to a single double number? What is the main difference between Program 1 and Program 2? Both seem to:
* Have a global RNG `rnd`
* Seed RNG after `main` starts.
* Generates a random number on [1,0) from a function.

So I would expect both programs to behave the same...