On Saturday, 25 February 2023 at 19:55:27 UTC, evilrat wrote:
Nothing happens without a reason, check your project settings and make sure that for debugging you have correct paths, command, and arguments.

Even with no debug info and no project you can just drop an executable to an empty VS window and start debugging it, at the very least it can show disassembly. If there is .pdb files with debug info next to your executable you can just drag and drop your D source files and then add breakpoints in that source files and it will work.

Well, it was that.

I'll try to get GDB running, since I got so fed up with MS's own debuggers.