On Wednesday, 19 July 2023 at 07:24:06 UTC, IchorDev wrote:
So, D’s default garbage collector is the one named “conservative” in DRuntime… I see there’s also “manual” which doesn’t actually function as a GC, which is interesting.
Nothing says what ProtoGC is… so I guess it’s useless.
Has anyone ever published any custom GCs? A search through the dub package registry yielded nothing. How hard would it be to port (for instance) a Java GC to D’s interface?

Forking GC was introduced some time ago. But I don't think it is quite different from regular (https://forum.dlang.org/post/tf8mbo$1jvp$1...@digitalmars.com)

There are some posts about it GCs, but I don't think anything was released.
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/jquklsqxtfgvsezrc...@forum.dlang.org?page=1
https://forum.dlang.org/post/yonbmhifafbyjhwpc...@forum.dlang.org

  • Re: Garbage Coll... Sergey via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Garbage... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Garbage... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Gar... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Johan via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Garbage... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn