On 19/07/2023 9:02 PM, IchorDev wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 July 2023 at 08:27:18 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
Its not as simple as porting to the API unfortunately.

We don't have barriers of any kind, so that removes most GC designs you would want to use today. We are very close to maxing out what we can do as a result.

A whole pile of logic is hidden in rt, so you have no choice but to either do the work to fix that, or recompile druntime with your GC.

I'm mostly a frontend person, but is what would need doing there? Is there any existing discussion about that?

Not really, last time I tried, I didn't document what was hidden.

Copying out the conservative GC, register it under a different name and getting that to compile and link without recompiling druntime would be a good place to begin without having to understand how GC's work.

  • Re: Garbage Coll... Sergey via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Garbage... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Garbage... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Gar... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Johan via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Garbage... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn