On Wednesday, 3 April 2024 at 21:57:00 UTC, Liam McGillivray wrote:

Alright. I suppose that some of the optimization decisions I have made so far may have resulted in less readable code for little performance benefit. Now I'm trying to worry less about optimization. Everything has been very fast so far.

I haven't used a profiler yet, but I may like to try it.

A good example where you people will get fooled is to avoid passing structs as function arguments/return values because you're worried about copying:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/jifumskhdmxkimtay...@forum.dlang.org

I'm guilty of having done that regularly until I learned how the compiler actually works and how little time certain operations take. One time I even changed clear string arguments to hard-to-remember single char values inside a loop.