bachmeier kirjoitti 12.6.2024 klo 18.21:
You're splitting things into GC-allocated memory and manually managed memory. There's also SafeRefCounted, which handles the malloc and free for you.

I suspect `SafeRefCounted` (or `RefCounted`) is not the best fit for this scenario. The problem with it is it `malloc`s and `free`s individual objects, which doesn't sound efficient to me.

Maybe it performs if the objects in question are big enough, or if they can be bundled to static arrays so there's no need to refcount individual objects. But even then, you can't just allocate and free dozens or hundreds of megabytes with one call, unlike with the GC or manual `malloc`/`free`. I honestly don't know if calling malloc/free for, say each 64KiB, would have performance implications over a single allocation.