"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:iqkbm3$8gc$1...@digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Be glad it's not VB6, or worse, VBScript.
>
> Oh, I know it! One of my side jobs I picked up this year is
> maintaining somd old VBS program, using classic ASP.
>
> There's so much nonsense. It doesn't help that the original author
> was horribly incompetent - he never used functions/subs, just copy
> and pasted everything. Over and over and over again.
>
> (And to make it worse, the authors apparently didn't know HTML. Not
> a single standard link or form. *everything* is done as javascript
> or client side vbscript - mixed at random - calls in href attrs.)

Ouch. I've been to sites that couldn't figure out how to make a link without
JS. It gives you the same sort of feeling as watching a perfectly healthy
grown adult be unable to...I dunno, insert anything blatantly obvious that
most toddlers have mastered here. ;)

> My biggest problem when writing code for them though is that I
> instinctively put semicolons at the end of thoughts....

Heh, I have the exact same problem anytime I use a no-semicolon language. :)

>> CGI has had a stigma of high startup costs
>
> I'm now convinced almost all of CGI's bad reputation is actually
> Perl's problems that got misattributed.

Yea, I don't that. Especially since I've started noticing at least one
shared web host that took "CGI" to mean "Perl and Python".