On 07/01/2012 00:31, H. S. Teoh wrote:
I admit I've no idea how the D compiler implements compile-time
evaluation, but is it possible for the compiler to actually emit code
for compile-time functions containing asm blocks and, say, execute it in
a sandbox, and read the values out from the machine registers? Or does
this create more problems than it solves?

Doing this would mean you can't do cross-compilation, eg using x86 to compile for ARM. Which means you'd need to use a virtual machine for it, which is almost certainly more effort than it's worth.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/