On 2012-03-16 09:08, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On 2012-03-16 04:52, James Miller wrote:
Also, git-svn isn't actually that bad...

It is. You can't properly use git because you have to make sure it's
compatible with svn, like linear history. If you don't have a linear
history you're in big trouble.

Yeah. I use git-svn at work, because I like it a lot better than using pure
svn, but it's _nowhere_ near as good as pure git. There are just too many
features that you have to be careful with or avoid.

Exactly, you need to be very careful and follow a strict workflow to avoid breaking svn.

--
/Jacob Carlborg