On 12.04.2012 20:59, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On 12/04/12 16:45, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
What I thought I'd do is implement some clever algorithms for random
sampling
which I've already done in a C based on the GNU Scientific Library.

I noticed that there is already a randomSample class in std.random,
which by the look of it is using Knuth's Algorithm S. Would there be any
interest in my adapting Vitter's Algorithms A and D (as in my library)
for Phobos in order to make this function more efficient?

Aye, and in general community does appreciate any enhancements via pull requests on github:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language

--
Dmitry Olshansky