On Wednesday, 18 April 2012 at 19:43:50 UTC, Paul D. Anderson wrote:
SomeDude: Your outline and especially your emphasis on what a rank beginner needs to know is very good.

Would you consider writing it up yourself? Not the whole thing, maybe but the beginner info and the compiler/linker appendices. You have a commendable prose style.

There are tutorials available already, but too many is way better than too few.

Paul

Thanks. I wouldn't mind having a stab at it, but:
1. it is Ali's book, not mine, so we would need Ali's agreement. If he offers me to contribute, why not, 2. I'm myself a D beginner, so you would probably need to proof read and correct me afterwards.