On 04/19/2012 10:02 AM, SomeDude wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 April 2012 at 19:43:50 UTC, Paul D. Anderson wrote:
>> SomeDude: Your outline and especially your emphasis on what a rank
>> beginner needs to know is very good.
>>
>> Would you consider writing it up yourself? Not the whole thing, maybe
>> but the beginner info and the compiler/linker appendices. You have a
>> commendable prose style.
>>
>> There are tutorials available already, but too many is way better than
>> too few.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Thanks. I wouldn't mind having a stab at it, but:
> 1. it is Ali's book, not mine, so we would need Ali's agreement. If he
> offers me to contribute, why not,

I will improve the beginning of the book with your ideas. (I don't have free time yet; maybe by the end of next week.) I would also like to thank you if you would please e-mail me your full name at acehr...@yahoo.com.

I think it would be even better if you add a newbie section (or improve the existing ones as you graciously have been doing) on the wiki site, or some other site. I would be happy to link to that section from the book. (I have a feeling Paul D. Anderson meant that you wrote a separate document anyway.)

> 2. I'm myself a D beginner, so you would probably need to proof read and
> correct me afterwards.

Gladly, as much as I know myself. :)

Ali