On 24/04/12 14:22, David Bryant wrote:
With the dmd 2.059 I have started getting the error 'use of base class
protection is deprecated' when I try to implement an interface with
private visibility, ie:

interface Interface { }

class Class : private Interface { }

$ dmd test.d
test.d(4): use of base class protection is deprecated

This bothers me for two reasons: firstly it's not a base class, and
secondly, it's a standard OO pattern of mine.

What's up with this?

Thanks,
Dave

Because it doesn't make sense. All classes are derived from Object. That _has_ to be public, otherwise things like == wouldn't work.

Previously, the compiler used to allow base class protection, but it ignored it.