On Thursday, 17 May 2012 at 08:39:21 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
On 05/17/12 10:15, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
I mean, is it safe (assuming that we are allowed to mutate blob, and its length is a multiple of C.sizeof)?

I do casting from ubyte[] to C[].

Only if C.ptr ends up properly aligned. There are also aliasing
issues, which i don't think are sufficiently defined for D (for
C, it would be legal only because char* is allowed to alias anything).

artur

Is it possible to ensure? In my case blob is created as
    auto blob = cast(ubyte[]) read(fileName);
I assume that alignment is safe.

But what should I do to be safe in a general case?