I am working with some financial data that comes in binary files. It has two fields in particular that I am trying to convert to human readable formats. The first is a date string like "20060621", which I am able to work with just fine. But then it has a field called ttim, which is the number of seconds from midnight at which a trade occurred. For example, a trade occurring at 28824 seconds in the day would have taken place at "8:00:24" (only resolution to the second).

My question is: how do I convert the number of seconds (like 28824) to a formatted time string (like 08:00:24)? I looked in std.datetime, but it isn't obvious which functions I should use.

You help and suggestions are much appreciated!

TJB