On Saturday, 4 August 2012 at 16:59:09 UTC, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Ralph Main <rmain1...@live.com> wrote:

Hello Ralph,

The module std.random documentation doesn't work as per the examples. The example shows getting a random number by the following code does not
work:
(snip)

Both code samples you gave work perfectly for me (DMD 2.060, Linux).
Which version are you using?

DMD32 D Compiler v2.059 on Linux (Fedora 17)

All I know, is that it wasn't working, and I finally got it to work when I used the new keyword.

I tried the code in just main() like bearophile's post, and it worked just fine. I also removed the new keyword from my program and it compiled.

The error message that I got yesterday with the example code returned an error message that had something do with void and 0 arguments.

<shrug>

Thanks to both of you for the information.