> vibe.d is very modular, just import what you need.
> I hate to push it, but it has very good documentation and examples.
>
> Its designed for web apps, but it makes a nice little web library as well.
>
> import vibe.vibe;
>
> void main()
> {
>     auto client = new HttpClient;
>     client.connect("www.google.com", 80);
>
>     auto res = client.request((req){
>         req.url = "/";
>     });
>
>     logInfo("Response: %d", res.statusCode);
>
>     foreach( k, v; res.headers )
>         logInfo("Header: %s: %s", k, v);
>
>     (new NullOutputStream).write(res.bodyReader);
>     client.disconnect();
> }

That does indeed look clean. Now I'm using a ubyte[1] buffer to try
and read single bytes from my sockets.

their tcp example looks pretty clean:
import vibe.d;

static this()
{
        auto conn = connectTcp("time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov", 13);
        logInfo("The time is: %s", cast(string)conn.readAll());
}

let's see how it'll hold up when I try to deal with raw bytes :)