On Mon, 13 May 2013 19:04:39 -0400, Timothee Cour <thelastmamm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks!
should that be considered as a limitation, and therefore be fixed?
(for example by documenting the __ctor syntax)?
The static make trick is boilerplate and shouldn't be considered the best way.

Well, it's not really boilerplate :) It takes the place of an actual constructor. In other words, you don't also need a this() function.

Technically, what we are missing is the name of the constructor. Otherwise, you have nothing to apply the '!' to. As I said, I don't know if __ctor is official, maybe it is already. I know some code in druntime uses it.

-Steve