On Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 12:57:12 UTC, Sergei Nosov wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to implement an array, which uses malloc to allocate memory. Also, I want to implement a random access range interface for it.

That went pretty well, until I tried to sort it. Sorting function asserted "Failed to sort range of type Array!(int)."

I've spent quite some time trying to figure out what's going on with no success.

The implementation can be found at:
https://gist.github.com/snosov1/5662471

I used
DMD64 D Compiler v2.062 and
LDC - the LLVM D compiler (trunk): based on DMD v2.062 and LLVM 3.2svn on Ubuntu. Phobos version was the one that came with the dmd compiler.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong with the code I've provided?

sort!("a<b", SwapStrategy.stable)(arr);

This worked for me with the code at your link.
Of course it does not answer your real question.
But it is a place to start looking.
(assuming you aren't miles ahead of me already.)