On Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 20:43:32 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 05/28/2013 12:47 PM, Anthony Goins wrote:

> sort!("a<b", SwapStrategy.stable)(arr);
>
> This worked for me with the code at your link.

I've noticed that too. The reason that works is because in that case it uses Tim Sort. Apparently, the Tim Sort algorithm does not expose the bugs that were in the code.

Ali

I believe the issues with opIndex and opSlice caused the bug. Now, those are fixed, and I guess it's safe to say that range interface is correct.

Although, I remember a discussion in the NG about somewhat "standardized" testing facilities for ranges ( http://forum.dlang.org/thread/20130321130858.00003ef4@unknown ). Precisely the semantic/runtime behavior, to supplement isSomeRange templates family. Do you, guys know, was there any activities on it?