On Thursday, 10 October 2013 at 01:24:03 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 14:54:32 UTC, Colin Grogan wrote:
is blocking. However, its not meant to be blocking is it not? That new /bin/bash process is meant to run in parallel to the main process?

I'm not sure exactly the implementation. But if you're asking to run bash and then print its output, wouldn't it have to block because the output won't be complete until the program has finished running? And since bash will run until you exit the program will block for ever.

From what I understood in the documentation, I didnt think it should block. I understood it's meant to run the child process in the background and you communicate with it via the stdin/stdout/stderr pipes. But, from experimentation I can see that running /bin/bash does appear to block.

Ill have to do some more digging when I have the time...