On Thursday, 17 October 2013 at 20:31:38 UTC, Yura wrote:
Dear D programmers,

I am very new to D programming language. I just started to learn it as an alternative to python since the latter sometimes is too slow. My question is whether there some simple ways to solve linear algebra problems in D programming language? E.g. matrix multiplication, diagonalization, SVD decomposition? If there is something, I would definitely stick to D programming language in my projects.

PS I am not a proffesinal programmer and I am sorry if this question has already been discussed.

Thaks in advance!

I have done some linear algebra in D. If you are comfortable calling C functions, you can easily call into existing solutions, because it is trivial to call into C from D. I use Gretl http://gretl.sourceforge.net/ because it offers a convenient interface to commonly used BLAS and LAPACK functionality. GSL is another good choice https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/. This has worked well for me because I am using D as a drop-in replacement for C.

If you do not know C or otherwise want a D solution, there is SciD https://github.com/kyllingstad/scid/wiki. I've never had a reason to use it so I do not know how well it works.