On 12/22/2013 03:36 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 12:58 +0100, Mike Wey wrote:
On 12/21/2013 11:19 PM, qznc wrote:
[…]
For some reason GtkD uses some unreleased version of Gtk with some
OpenGL features.

This is because the released version of GtkGLext doesn't support Gtk+ 3.x.

OK so that is why it isn't in Debian.

Does Fedora 20 or RPM Fusion have the pre-release as a package?

Not as far as i know.

You can use the "normal/stable" variant by adapting
your dependency a little:

"dependencies": { "gtk-d:gtkd": "~master" }

Just depending on the subpackage you need will stop dub from including
the other parts of GtkD in your app. So this should fix your problem.

OK, that can work for me.

Python now uses the reflection approach to providing a Python binding to
the API: PyGTK has given way to PyGobject. Has the PyGobject approach
been rejected for GtkD staying with the PyGtk approach?

I don't think that would be a good approach with D, you either need a whole lot of compile time magic, or loose type safety and do everything at runtime.

I am currently rewriting a gtkmm application I had in GtkD and once a
few problems of connectSignals is solved I am going to be loving it,
thanks for keeping it going.

--
Mike Wey