On Saturday, 18 January 2014 at 21:55:54 UTC, Tobias Pankrath
wrote:
I want to print a tree structure and need to keep track of the indention for different parts of the tree. My idea was to write a generic wrapper for an output range that outputs tabs when it encounters a newline. This wrapper has internal state and if I want to use formattedWrite with this wrapper than state changes don't propagate to the calling context because by value semantics.

Short solution: I'm using a class now.

Alternatively, pass a pointer: formattedWrite(&writer, ...)